Current:Home > ContactBuckingham Palace Confirms King Charles III Is Alive After Russian Media Reports His Death -Pinnacle Profit Strategies
Buckingham Palace Confirms King Charles III Is Alive After Russian Media Reports His Death
Will Sage Astor View
Date:2025-04-07 01:08:39
No, King Charles III is not dead.
After reports surfaced in Russian media that the monarch—who was recently diagnosed with cancer—passed away, Buckingham Palace put an end to the speculation, telling News Agency TASS, "We are happy to confirm that The King is continuing with official and private business."
In fact, a photo shared to the royal family's social media pages shows the 75-year-old meeting with veterans of the Korean War on March 19, further proving he's carrying on with his duties.
Speculation about Charles' health comes just over a month after his cancer was discovered during a hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement.
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments," Buckingham Palace said in a Feb. 5 statement, "during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties."
"Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual," the message, which did not disclose what form of cancer Charles was diagnosed with, continued. "The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible."
As Charles—who became king after his mom Queen Elizabeth II's death in Sept. 2022—focuses on his health, his wife Queen Camilla and son Prince William have helped to represent him at public events, most recently at Commonwealth Day celebrations March 11.
"Having recently celebrated my own 75th birthday, it warms my heart to reflect on the way the Commonwealth has been a constant throughout my own life—a precious source of strength, inspiration, and pride," Charles said in a message played at the ceremony, which was held at London's Westminster Abbey. "In recent weeks, I have been most deeply touched by your wonderfully kind and thoughtful good wishes for my health and, in return, can only continue to serve you, to the best of my ability, throughout the Commonwealth."
And Charles isn't the only royal family member who has stepped back from the spotlight in recent months, his daughter-in-law Kate Middleton has been keeping a low profile as she recovers from abdominal surgery.
However, that doesn't mean the Princess of Wales hasn't been making headlines. In fact, amid conspiracy theories about her whereabouts, Kate posted a photo with and William's kids Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 5, to social media March 10.
Although the picture was meant to celebrate Mother's Day U.K., it sparked even more of a social media frenzy after it was pulled from photo agencies on grounds that it had been manipulated.
"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," the 42-year-old wrote in an apology message on X, formerly known as Twitter March 11. "I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother's Day."
As more details about Kate and Charles continue to emerge, keep reading for all of the latest royal family news...
After photo agencies pulled the picture Kensington Palace shared of Kate since having her abdominal surgery on March 10, the Princess of Wales addressed claims the photo was doctored.
"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," she tweeted on March 11. "I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother's Day. C."
Princess Diana's niece celebrated Mother's Day in the U.K. by sharing she and her husband Michael Lewis privately welcomed their first baby.
“It’s the joy of my life to be your mummy, little one. I love you unconditionally," she captioned her March 10 Instagram post. "Happy Mother’s Day to those who celebrate today."
After keeping up her full slate of engagements in the wake of her husband's cancer diagnosis, the palace cleared Camilla's schedule.
The Times pointed out March 2 that the 76-year-old didn't have any engagements on her calendar until March 11, when she'd be due at Westminster Abbey to observe Commonwealth Day.
The husband of Lady Gabriella Windsor and ex-boyfriend of Pippa Middleton, was found dead Feb. 25. Days later, a coroner's inquest found that he died by suicide.
While King Charles III was in the hospital for his benign prostate enlargement procedure, the royal family member was diagnosed with cancer.
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," Buckingham Palace said Feb. 5. "Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible."
The Duchess of York's rep said in a statement on Jan. 21 that Sarah was recently diagnosed with malignant melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer. Several months prior, she underwent a single mastectomy to treat breast cancer.
On Jan. 14, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark made history as she officially abdicated the throne, handing the crown over to her son, now known as King Frederik the 10th.
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate Middleton underwent planned abdominal surgery and was set to remain in the hospital for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice," the Palace said, "she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
Amid Kate's recovery, Prince William postponed a number of engagements as he supported his family, including the couple's three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Shortly after Kate's hospitalization was made public, Buckingham Palace shared that Charles "has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate."
"His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure," the statement added. "The King’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation."
Princess Claire and Prince Felix of Luxembourg welcomed son Balthazar Felix Karl on Jan. 7, the first royal baby of the New Year!
Get the latest tea from inside the palace walls. Sign up for Royal Recap!veryGood! (16234)
Related
- Friday the 13th luck? 13 past Mega Millions jackpot wins in December. See top 10 lottery prizes
- Harvey Weinstein hospitalized after 2020 rape conviction overturned by appeals court
- Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products That Are Chemical-Free & Smell Amazing
- Mr. Irrelevant list: Who will join Brock Purdy as last pick in NFL draft?
- 'Survivor' 47 finale, part one recap: 2 players were sent home. Who's left in the game?
- New EPA Rule Could Accelerate Cleanup of Coal Ash Dumps
- Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker's Family Photos With Son Rocky
- PCE inflation accelerates in March. What it means for Fed rate cuts
- South Korea's acting president moves to reassure allies, calm markets after Yoon impeachment
- Zillow to parents after 'Bluey' episode 'The Sign': Moving 'might just be a good thing'
Ranking
- The city of Chicago is ordered to pay nearly $80M for a police chase that killed a 10
- One climber dead, another seriously injured after falling 1,000 feet on Alaska mountain
- One climber dead, another seriously injured after falling 1,000 feet on Alaska mountain
- Messi in starting lineup for Inter Miami vs. New England game tonight in Gillette Stadium
- 'Vanderpump Rules' star DJ James Kennedy arrested on domestic violence charges
- Oregon university pauses gifts and grants from Boeing in response to student and faculty demands
- Tom Holland Proves Again He's Zendaya's No. 1 Fan Amid Release of Her New Film Challengers
- Brenden Rice, son of Jerry Rice, picked by Chargers in seventh round of NFL draft
Recommendation
Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
NFL draft's best host yet? Detroit raised the bar in 2024
Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs files motion to dismiss some claims in a sexual assault lawsuit
NFL draft picks 2024: Live tracker, updates on final four rounds
California DMV apologizes for license plate that some say mocks Oct. 7 attack on Israel
Hamas says it's reviewing an Israel cease-fire proposal as pressure for peace mounts
Virginia EMT is latest U.S. tourist arrested in Turks and Caicos after ammo allegedly found in luggage
Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Dressing on the Side