Current:Home > MarketsCharles H. Sloan-John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs -Pinnacle Profit Strategies
Charles H. Sloan-John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
Ethermac View
Date:2025-04-06 21:40:33
It's been the year of musical chairs in the fashion industry,Charles H. Sloan and now, John Galliano is leaving his longtime home at Maison Margiela.
In an interview with Women's Wear Daily published Wednesday, Galliano confirmed his exit from the French luxury fashion house.
"As we are parting ways with this beautiful house, my heart overflows with joyous gratitude, and my soul smiles so I want to take this time to express it. I continue to atone, and I will never stop dreaming," Galliano told WWD.
He continued: "In inviting me to assume the position of artistic director in the house that Martin (Margiela) built, he gave me the greatest, most precious gift: The opportunity to once again find my creative voice when I had become voiceless."
The comments were made in reference to his infamous 2011 ouster from Christian Dior after a video surfaced of a 2011 rant at a Paris bar, where he made comments considered racist and antisemitic. That year, he was found guilty for two hate crimes. It followed a separate, similar incident at the same bar in 2010 a year earlier.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
But in 2014, Galliano made a career comeback at Margiela.
"Being brave enough to unlearn, to re-educate ourselves from the past – for it is societally learnt – to share, empathize, and practice compassion," he added.
Galliano continued, praising Margiela parent company president Renzo Russo who he said "took a risk" and gave him "a second chance," telling WWD that his hiring "told the fashion industry that it is at its best when we collectively support each other, not judge; when we accept, forgive, and help one another see the error of our ways."
Alessandro Michele named new creativedirector of Valentino after Gucci departure
Earlier this year, ex-Gucci head Alessandro Michele got back in his creative director bag, this time at Valentino, following Pier Paolo Piccioli's exit.
"Maison Valentino is honored to announce today the appointment of Alessandro Michele as Creative Director," the brand announced in a statement shared to social media at the time. "This appointment marks the beginning of a new journey to continue shining unique values of the brand, its heritage and couture codes in the world through Alessandro Michele’s unique perspective and wealth of experience."
Michele called the appointment "an incredible honor," adding, "I feel the immense joy and the huge responsibility to join a Maison de Couture that has the word 'beauty' carved on a collective story, made of distinctive elegance, refinement and extreme grace."
Chanel is also facing a shakeup as fashion onlookers await the naming of a new fashion creative director. WWD reported last month that Matthieu Blazy, the Bottega Veneta creative director, is a frontrunner for the brand's top spot.
Contributing: Brendan Morrow
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (377)
Related
- Pressure on a veteran and senator shows what’s next for those who oppose Trump
- Southern Indiana egg farmer John Rust announces bid for Republican nod for US Senate in 2024.
- How Kyle Richards Is Supporting Morgan Wade's Double Mastectomy Journey
- Man convicted of killing Kristin Smart is attacked in prison and hospitalized in serious condition
- 'Survivor' 47 finale, part one recap: 2 players were sent home. Who's left in the game?
- Ohio attorney general rejects language for amendment aimed at reforming troubled political mapmaking
- Former Houston basketball forward Reggie Chaney, 23, dies days before playing pro overseas
- Trust the sex therapist, sober sex is better. You just have to get the courage to try it.
- Tree trimmer dead after getting caught in wood chipper at Florida town hall
- California may pay unemployment to striking workers. But the fund to cover it is already insolvent
Ranking
- Alex Murdaugh’s murder appeal cites biased clerk and prejudicial evidence
- 8 dead after Moscow sewers flood during tour that may have been illegal
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s Body Double Says She Developed Eating Disorder After Shallow Hal Movie Release
- Rudy Giuliani surrenders at Fulton County Jail for Georgia RICO charges
- New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
- Judge temporarily blocks new Tennessee House Republican ban on signs
- Turtle Salmonella outbreak? CDC warns the pets may be responsible as 11 states report cases
- Listen to Taylor Swift's Re-Recorded Version of Look What You Made Me Do in Wilderness Teaser
Recommendation
Who are the most valuable sports franchises? Forbes releases new list of top 50 teams
Meet The Ultimatum Season 2 Couples Who Are Either Going to Get Married or Move On
Indiana hospital notifies hundreds of patients they may have been exposed to tuberculosis bacteria
Russian mercenary boss Yevgeny Prigozhin challenged the Kremlin in a brief mutiny
Realtor group picks top 10 housing hot spots for 2025: Did your city make the list?
Hugh Hefner’s Son Marston Hefner Calls Out Family “Double Standard” on Sexuality After Joining OnlyFans
Russian mercenary boss Yevgeny Prigozhin challenged the Kremlin in a brief mutiny
Police detective shot in western Washington, police say