Current:Home > MarketsCharles H. Sloan-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Pinnacle Profit Strategies
Charles H. Sloan-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
NovaQuant View
Date:2025-04-06 17:51:21
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Charles H. Sloan which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (1)
Related
- House passes bill to add 66 new federal judgeships, but prospects murky after Biden veto threat
- U.S. Sen. Kevin Cramer’s son pleads not guilty to charges for events before fatal North Dakota chase
- Mining company can’t tap water needed for Okefenokee wildlife refuge, US says
- Former NFL player Braylon Edwards says he broke up a locker room assault of an 80-year-old man
- Scoot flight from Singapore to Wuhan turns back after 'technical issue' detected
- Former NFL player Braylon Edwards says he broke up a locker room assault of an 80-year-old man
- Survivors say opportunities were missed that could have prevented Maine’s worst-ever mass shooting
- Pennsylvania court rules electronic voting data is not subject to release under public records law
- The White House is cracking down on overdraft fees
- Brothers Travis and Jason Kelce honored with bobblehead giveaway at Cavs-Celtics game
Ranking
- In ‘Nickel Boys,’ striving for a new way to see
- The Biden Administration is Spending Its ‘Climate Smart’ Funding in the Wrong Places, According to New Analyses
- Federal safety officials say Boeing fails to meet quality-control standards in manufacturing
- Texas wildfire update: Map shows ongoing devastation as blazes engulf over a million acres
- The 401(k) millionaires club keeps growing. We'll tell you how to join.
- Judge upholds Tennessee law to stop crossover voting in primaries. Critics say the law is too vague.
- The owners of a Christian boarding school in Missouri are jailed and charged with kidnapping crimes
- A judge orders prison for a Michigan man who made threats against Jewish people
Recommendation
The city of Chicago is ordered to pay nearly $80M for a police chase that killed a 10
Boy whose death led to charges against parents and grandmother suffered ongoing abuse, autopsy shows
How does 'the least affordable housing market in recent memory' look in your area? Check our map
This oral history of the 'Village Voice' captures its creativity and rebelliousness
NFL Week 15 picks straight up and against spread: Bills, Lions put No. 1 seed hopes on line
Gun control advocates urge Utah governor to veto bill funding firearms training for teachers
Handcuffed Colorado man stunned by Taser settles lawsuit for $1.5 million, lawyers say
Texas wildfire update: Map shows ongoing devastation as blazes engulf over a million acres